What do we need to enter the country?
● A negative PCR test, obtained up to 72 hours prior to boarding. For connecting flights, prior to the last boarding.
● A complete vaccination schedule, which must be validated at the official website mevacuno.gob.cl. This procedure will enable the mobility pass, which becomes active only after the mandatory isolation of 5 days.
All vaccines must be approved by the Public Health Institute, the World Health Organization, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency. Currently these include: Moderna – Pfizer/BioNTech – Janssen (Johnson&Johnson) – Oxford/AstraZeneca- Sinopharm – Sinovac – CanSino – Generium (Sputnik-V).
● Besides the submission of a complete vaccination scheme at mevacuno.cl, travelers must fill out the “Affidavit of Travelers” form online at www.c19.cl up to 48 hours before boarding. This will enable a QR code as a means of identity verification.
● Travelers entering Chile will not need to self-isolate as long as they can show proof of a complete vaccination schedule and a negative PCR test.
● Travelers will need to carry out a new PCR test upon arrival in Chile or quarantine for 5 days.
● Travelers must show proof of medical insurance to cover for Covid-19 medical expenses with a minimum coverage of USD$30,000.
● During the first 10 days, travelers will have to comply with a traveler tracking form via online, in which they will need to state their health status and location.
What is the current Covid-19 situation in Chile?
In Chile over 80% of the population has received the first dose of one of the vaccines approved by the Public Health Institute, the World Health Organization, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency.
What´s more, the authorities have devised a new hygiene and sanitation protocol for those spaces and services – like accommodation, agencies, restaurants, camping sites, etc. – used by residents and travelers in Chile.
Covid-19: Our flexibility program for all new bookings
Planning a trip nowadays can be really rewarding, giving you- among other things- the chance to book flights and accommodation at a much lower rate. We know that the current situation calls for the security and flexibility that only an operator with a solid know-how and a reputation for excellence may offer. With that in mind, in Argentina On The Go we have created the “Travel Flexibly” program, a risk-free plan which gives travelers the peace of mind to organize their next adventure with the knowledge that they may make any necessary changes to suit the circumstances.
For new bookings made between January 1st, 2020 and Novembre 30th, 2021 with departure dates prior to June 30th 2022, you may cancel your booking up to 30 days prior to departure, in the event of a COVID-19-related reason*, with the benefit of a full refund without cancellation fees (excluding flights) and with a simple email request.
* At home or in your travel destination (such as local restrictions of government, restrictions to re-entry to its country of residence)
Between 30 days and departure date: you´ll be able to postpone the trip without fees (excluding flights), receiving a credit toward future travel valid through March 31st, 2023; that credit is non-transferable and non-refundable and will be applied as an offset to the new booking cost. All other standard terms and conditions apply to the booking. Where suppliers do not allow postponement or a refund, we will only pass on charges where they are applied. Certain flights have to be paid for at the time of booking and will be non-refundable, in which case we will mirror the applicable policy of the airline.
* Refund or propose the postponement shall be made within 30 days of the written request from the traveler to cancel the trip.
Entre 30 días y la fecha de partida de tu viaje: si la cancelación de tu viaje se realizara dentro de ese plazo, enviando comunicación escrita a través de correo electrónico, obtendrás el beneficio de posponer el viaje sin costos extra (excluyendo vuelos y cruceros*), recibiendo un crédito válido hasta Marzo 2023 por el importe pagado para utilizar en futuros viajes o bien para el mismo viaje cancelado. El crédito no será transferible ni reembolsable, y será únicamente utilizado para descontarse del costo por el nuevo viaje a confirmar. Si existiera el caso en que cualquiera de nuestros proveedores no acepte posponer o reembolsar sus servicios, los costos aplicables serán deducidos de dicho crédito.
* en ambos casos la devolución o postergación del servicio deberá ser aplicada en base a las bases y condiciones propias de las compañías aéreas y de cruceros.